Tis' the Season
The holiday season is in full swing. Here at SERVPRO of Chillicothe/Cameron/Richmond we know how devastating a fire can be to your home and family. Here are a few tips to keep you safe this holiday season:
- Turn all lights off when unattended
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop.
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan.